Sunday, January 31, 2010

Magical Monday Gift Bag

I'm so excited!!! Tonight I learned how to make a gift bag and gift box, something I would probably never have done had it not been for this challenge.  Thanks so much to Nina for the wonderful "Think Love" digi from There's Magic In The Air.  Here are two views of the bag for you.  I was hoping to fill it up with candy to see what it looked like full, but can you believe it, there isn't one piece of candy anywhere in this house. So, tomorrow my mission is to stock up with yummy chocolates (like I need chocolate).
Thank heaven for You Tube and their tutorials. I do want to give credit to Michelle Sturgeon over at Come Stamp With Me for her 2007 Gift Bag Tutorial.  I would never have figured this out without her help.  I did modify the handle somewhat though.
Earlier tonight I downloaded a heart svg file from Dan over at My Crafty Life and that is where the tiny hearts with Xmas Red Stickles came from. It's Freebie #40, so if you hurry, you just might be able to get the heart border file and some hearts.
Items Used:  Spellbinder's Scalloped Heart Die - Copics - Xmas Red Stickles - Ribbon, gems, & paper from my stash - Creative Memories Heart Punch

I hope you enjoy my little creation as much as I enjoyed making it.  Thanks so much for stopping. If you'll leave me a comment I'll be over to visit before you know it.  Have a wonderful evening!!!!
"Hugs" Granny

11 comments:

Cherry said...

Gorgeous Granny! Way to go. You've done a fab job and filled with choccy who could resist? Great image. Hugs Cherry XXX

craftieodmae said...

This is so gorgeous!! Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge at TMITA/PCC. Hope to see you next week too!
~Hugs~ Olga

Kathy Martin said...

Fun giraff basket...very cute! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a nice message! Happy scrappin' :) Kathy

The Other Patti Sue said...

You did a great job on your 1st box! I love your coloring and the hearts are the perfect embellishment! Thanks so much for playing along with us at TMITA/PCC!
~Hugs~
Patti

Selma said...

Carol you did a fabulous job on this box. It is so cute that you printed the design off twice. I really like how you added the heart behind them. Thanks for joining in on the TMITA/PCC challenge is week. Hope to see you again next week.

Nilla said...

Isn't this one of the great benefits with digi image, from one giraffe you can make a lovely couple instead. Just love what you have done!! Thanks for playing with us this week at TMITA/PCC! Hugs Nilla

Nina said...

Oh Granny (is that what I call you?) :O), this is soo sweet, I love the couple and the big heart behind them, I can you see the love in their eyes!! Love the heart border and all the tiny hearts as well... just beautiful!!Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week over at TMITA/PCC! Hope to see you next week!
Nina
TMITA Blog
(free digital images)
Paper Cupcakes-Stamps

Patti J said...

This is the ca-utest project! I love that you used a 'couple' of giraffe's as well! (My 'couple' was a mom/baby!) This is just so much fun, and you rock at box making!!! Great job! Thanks for joining us at TMITA/PCC this week - hope to see you back next week for another challenge!

A Consuming Passion said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your win!!
Your basket is fabulous!!!

Gloria Westerman said...

Congratulation on your win.....your bag is awesome....

Donalda said...

Oh this is just gorgeous dear!!!!!!! I so love the box you have made and the images are just so adorable hon. Gorgeous work
Hugs