Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Roses & Hearts

Happy Wednesday to everyone and I'm so glad you stopped by. My first try at Chalk Popping, in fact, I had not even heard of this technique until I joined the For Fun Challenges Design Team. I wanted the chalk popping to be the focus of my card so I stamped and masked the rose stamp by Melanie Muenchinger at Gina K. Designs. This was one of the first stamps sets I purchased (A Year of Flowers) when I started making cards. Of course, by the time I added the lace it was too big for a normal 6x6 card so thought an easel card would be more appropriate.
Everything used on this card is from my stash - DP is Basic Grey - Flowers are by Wild Orchid Crafts
Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Circles, MS punch and CM Hearts punchs were used.

The challenge this week at For Fun Challenges is Chalk Popping and this technique can be found at this You Tube site.  After a few tries I decided it was better for me to work the chalk from the inside of the stamped image than the outside because it turned out neater for me.  I also used a Stampabilities Embossing Ink pad in place of the Versa Mark Ink and a chalk eraser to highlight portions of the roses.

If you haven't tried this technique it's really fun and easy or if you are seasoned at this technique, either way, we'd love to see your creation. I hope you will join us at For Fun Challenges this week. I can promise you that all of the Design Team will be by to visit your blog to see your wonderful project for this challenge.

Hope you have the time to leave me a comment and if you do, I'll be right over to visit to see what's new.
"Hugs" Granny (Carol)

5 comments:

craftieodmae said...

well you look like a pro to me, this is gorgeous!!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

I'm with Olga... maybe you should give lessons! Beautiful, beautiful card!

bernietom47 said...

Beautiful card!
Hugs
Bernie

Tracey said...

This is such a beautiful card Carol, very special :)

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, Carol. You did the chalk popping like a pro. I am still trying to finish my card in time for the For Fun Challenge.
Amelia
xx