Monday, August 30, 2010

It's Magical Monday Challenge Time at TMIA/PCC

Marie Bridgeman brings us this weeks challenge at TMIA/PCC. She would like to see us use any acquired Paper Cupcake's Image and use no patterned paper on your project. You can emboss, stamp, score etc. to make a pattern, but no store bought pattern paper.  The design team have created some awesome inspiration for you so hop on over TMIA/PCC to see their works of wonder.
We sure hope you can play along with us this week!!!

I created this small note card to send to a friend of mine across the oceans and thought the lighthouse image by Nina would be perfect. Image was colored with Copics, sage ultrafine Flower Soft was added to the top of the hill and the mesas. I think I've finally gotten the water technique down to where I'm pleased with the way it turns out........finally.....LOL  What do you think?  The sky was sponged with Memento Sky Blue ink. The sentiment was computer generated and then cut with a Spellbinder's die and sponged with Sky Blue. Pretty easy project for me this week.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you  have the time to leave me a comment so I can come visit to see what's new with you.  I'm really hoping you can play along with us this week. It would mean so much to me to see some of my followers participating in this challenge. I love ya all as you make my days complete and give me a reason to keep creating.
"Hugs" Granny (Carol)

10 comments:

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Carol - what a fabulous card to send across the miles. You are certainly an expert at painting water - it's so realistic.
Hope all is well with you and yours - Hugs, Sylvia xxx

craftieodmae said...

You did a great job with this challenge creating a scene card, gorgeous card!

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh... WOW! What an amazing scene! Your water is perfection!

Toni said...

That solves the problem with not using any patterned paper, make a scene, and what a great scene it is. Nicely done!

Patti P. said...

Carol, you did a great job on your water...I need lessons! Also loving the flower soft. Lovely work on this and I know your friend will enjoy it, too!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness you are one clever chooky. The water is amazing and your've created so many deepths by this technique. You'll have to put a step by step up soon to show us all how you are achieving it. *Hugs*

cardmaking bird said...

You've done a fabulous job with the cahllenge I set. I do love your background. Hugs, Marie x

Nilla said...

Gorgeous card, love how you colored the scenery! Fantastic! I sent you the award from Marie on to you!! Hugs Nilla

Amber (bambi64) said...

Beautiful.

Nina said...

Carol your card is just peacefully beautiful! YOur water looks so wonderful and I think you did an amazing job with this image, just beautiful!! And I love your sentiment and how perfect for across the miles!